Technical Support Analyst – Voice
TTx is an information technology focused provider of best in class products, intentional customer-centric service rooted in our beliefs that people matter, credibility is vital, and the future deserves great care in our present actions. We strive to become the most trusted technology partner in our market and to inspire others to believe that people matter in our industry and beyond.
TTx is adding to our growing team with the addition of a Technical Support Analyst – Voice. Ideal candidates will have a passion for technology, excellent customer service skills, excel working in a team environment, and a desire to grow their existing skill set within the product offerings of TTx. The primary responsibilities of the Technical Support Analyst – Voice are working in a NOC to provide tier 1 and tier 2 technical support for the ShoreTel VoIP system, working tickets from creation to resolution, escalating to appropriate engineering teams as necessary, and communicating directly with clients to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Support ShoreTel’s Unified Communication system for TTx clients
- Provide proactive support on TTx Maven client systems
- Conduct pre-deployment discoveries and documentation of Maven client systems
- Perform system programming, cutovers, and upgrades of ShoreTel VoIP systems and related hardware/software solutions
- Collaboration with TTx Voice Engineers on ShoreTel system design and troubleshooting
- Cross platform collaboration with network and system teams to isolate technical issues
- Provide ShoreTel administrative training to end user clients
- Provide TTx clients with Tier 1/2 support for ShoreTel systems from within the TTx Support Center located in Strongsville, OH.
- Escalating tickets internally and externally as needed
- Troubleshoot network-related issues negatively impacting ShoreTel performance by analyzing packet loss, throughput, latency, jitter, MOS scores, etc
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, replacing defective components as required.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support ShoreTel clients
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform all other duties as assigned in support of overall company objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors or associates degree in relevant field preferred
- Knowledge of VoIP, SIP, computer systems, and LAN/WAN networking components
- Direct experience with telephony systems, call centers, or call recording applications preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Capable of prioritizing work load based on client requirements
Successful candidates will feel comfortable and energized by developing ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. This position requires integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills. Knowledge of the VoIP and IT services TTx offers in the Northern Ohio Market is also desirable.
Successful candidates are detail oriented, resourceful, adaptable, and possess excellent communication ability. The position requires the organizational abilities to plan, coordinate, implement and finalize projects according to specifications, deadlines, and project budget. Responsibilities also include client-facing training services both on-site and remotely. Knowledge of the systems TTx offers in the Northern Ohio Market is also desirable.